Connect Science At A Glance
Teachers Receive Materials
- A curriculum designed with research-based practices to promote deep learning
- KIDS As Planners: A Guide to Strengthening Students, Schools and Communities Through Service-Learning, Third Edition (2011, Harkins Consulting)
- Materials needed to teach science lessons
- Read-aloud books to supplement the curriculum
Teachers Engage in Learning
- 4-day professional development kickoff
- 1 additional follow-up day focused on building student ownership
- Individual consultation with a coach during implementation
- Reflection session
Teachers Implement Connect Science
- Teachers teach lessons on science, social and emotional skills, and civic skills. Lesson replace existing units in science and meet existing learning objectives in ELA and social studies.
- Teachers facilitate service-learning project with their students.
- Teachers customize the calendar to match their class schedule and student needs.